Fall Festival - Nov 6

This morning was the Fall Festival another PAC parent and I have been planning for Mainspring families. It was a lot of fun!

The Fall Festival was scheduled for Ricky Guerrero Park next door to the girls' school. The other parent was in charge of food, and I was in charge of games and activities.

Aside from the playground at the park, I borrowed a football toss game from a colleague at work, took some hula hoops from the school, collected leftover pumpkins from Halloween for a pumpkin-painting station and went on a Target run last night for an outdoor bowling ball and pins.


Still, I was a little nervous that the festival was going to be lame. I didn't know how many parents would show up and whether the event would really come together.

Turns out my nervousness was for nothing.

It was a beautiful day, there was a nice group of volunteers from the 
Texas Blazers service group and about a dozen or so families came. We had plenty of food (Matt was in charge of cooking the hotdogs), plenty of activities and everyone seemed to have a wonderful time.









0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home