I love nursing Layne, and I hope to continue doing so for at least another month or so.
But a few months ago, on her pediatrician's recommendation we began feeding Layne formula at night to help her sleep through the night. With a few exceptions tied to teething or ear infections, it has worked.
So I typically nurse her in the evening around Larkin's dinnertime, then she gets a bottle a couple of hours later.
It is so sweet. I turn down the lights and we listen to soft lullabies. She grabs my fingers and we hold her bottle together. She holds my gaze and then her eyes start to droop. She finishes her bottle, then she cuddles up to me and sleeps.
I know she needs to go to bed, but she isn't going to be this small forever. So instead we snuggle together and I let her sleep in my arms a little longer while I look through my DVR queue and decide what will grace the TV that night.
After she goes to bed, the lights go back on and the TV blares with one my bad reality shows, Matt's Anthony Bordain episodes or our favorite Friends re-runs.
But after the crazy chaos of the day, one of my favorite quiet moments is giving Layne her last bottle of the night.
0 comments:
Post a Comment