Matt and the girls are on their way to McKinney to spend a fun weekend with Sadie and Poppi, and I have a lump in my throat seeing them driving away from the house.
Both girls are dressed in their jammies, and hopefully they will sleep the entire 3 and a half hours and take it easy on their daddy. Fingers crossed for no tears.
Matt packed a cooler tight with about 30 small bags of frozen milk amidst lots of ice. Fingers crossed for no melting.
Meanwhile, tomorrow morning at the crack of dawn I'm headed to Opelika, Alabama, for my friend Haley's wedding.
I am thrilled to be part of her special day, and I'm looking forward to celebrating and spending time with my friends who are already there.
Thankfully, Melissa graciously packed my party dress and heels with her luggage, so I have a small bag packed and ready to carry on the plane. My other carry-on item will be my breast pump.
I have pretty much come to terms with the fact that I will likely dump most of what I pump the next 2 days. I am more concerned with finding places to pump every 3 hours on my trip that consists of two flights and a shuttle.
Hopefully there will be time between flights to duck into a restroom stall while I change planes. Fingers crossed that I don't have to pump in the airplane lavatory.
Good luck pumping! It will not be easy, but it will TOTALLY be worth it. Congratulations to Haley - I hope you all have a great time in Alabama!!!
Amber said...
June 26, 2010 at 2:45 PM